Batchrocket.eu, information site May 10, 2016 13:13:48 GMT -8
Post by peterberg on May 10, 2016 13:13:48 GMT -8
The first heater outer skin similar to this one I built as long ago as the second half of the nineteen eighties. I pondered for weeks about it, scribbled on pieces of paper and at some point suddenly I saw how it could be done. In the following week I made the first master mold in my spare time and after that I spent another month to get the silicon rubber production mold right. I kept the master positives, they are still in my workshop. Doing design work like this is much easier now with 3D drawing programs, at the time my brain happened to be more flexible so I could do the assembling and so forth in my head.
All the details showed are in the drawing, I spent most of the day to amend it. It is called bell7a.skp now and is almost exactly like the real thing. At the end of the article I mentioned the drawing is updated. When you want to see it all, the bigger parts are grouped so the whole thing can be taken apart piece by piece.
Yes, it is the most efficient design, in more than one aspect and also the cleanest burning device to date. My syphon construction could run also very, very clean but no more than 25% of the burn. But... the red bell is like a race horse, very fast but a tad nervous. But hey, there's still room for improvement so I can keep working on it!
And yes, there's a saying in my country, very similar like the Chinese express it. "One picture is (often) better than 1000 words."
I will do the rest of the housework tomorrow.